I'm Breaking down...
I've booked 2 days on Spring Breakdown since it was the final days of shooting and I felt like lounging on the beach and improving my tan!
I've never been to Long Beach.
Our "beach" was more like river and the sand was nice, but only about a foot above the concrete foundation.
The shoot was long, but not unbearable, and a lot of the friends I've met over the last two months were also working so I wasn't in duress by myself. We worked a little over 12 hours and most of us made plans to meet at various night spots throughout the Southland later in the evening. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I noticed a funny sound resonating from my engine bay. I listened a little harder and it went away. As I merged onto the 405N on ramp I watched my tachometer spike from 2200-4550 RPMs in less than a second...
Did my clutch just slip???
Upshift to 3rd...
Vrrrrrrooooommmm...
The drive home was one of the longest hours of my life.
Apart from the financial repercusions of replacing a clutch, I realized my greastest fear. I no longer have reliable transportation. Not a good thing in a town ruled by stoplights, freeways, and the DOT.
Sometimes only irony laughs when no one else is listening...
I've never been to Long Beach.
Our "beach" was more like river and the sand was nice, but only about a foot above the concrete foundation.
The shoot was long, but not unbearable, and a lot of the friends I've met over the last two months were also working so I wasn't in duress by myself. We worked a little over 12 hours and most of us made plans to meet at various night spots throughout the Southland later in the evening. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I noticed a funny sound resonating from my engine bay. I listened a little harder and it went away. As I merged onto the 405N on ramp I watched my tachometer spike from 2200-4550 RPMs in less than a second...
Did my clutch just slip???
Upshift to 3rd...
Vrrrrrrooooommmm...
The drive home was one of the longest hours of my life.
Apart from the financial repercusions of replacing a clutch, I realized my greastest fear. I no longer have reliable transportation. Not a good thing in a town ruled by stoplights, freeways, and the DOT.
Sometimes only irony laughs when no one else is listening...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home