Monday, July 24, 2006

The Nine=1

Last night, I booked a gig on The Nine, a new ABC show shooting for the first time. (it got picked up from it's pilot)

My call time was 6am.

I spent the morning burning up my gas driving in a circle around the set while the cameras were rolling. It's not that bad though... They give me an extra $15 to do that.
The afternoon was spent playing a P.A. on the set. (My prop was a walkie with a headset) As you can imagine it got confusing for both cast and crew alike...

"When the camera comes down the hall, I need you to move this monitor out of the way"
"Um, I'm background... I'll do it, but Local 80 might have something to say..."
"Oh, wait... I thought you were a P.A..."
"No, I just play one on T.V."

(drumroll, crash!)

The energy was high and the cast and crew were really having fun. I gave my info to the 2nd A.D. in hopes that he'll hire me to do some P.A. work.
(Imagine the confusion on that day!)

I also made some serious headway on my little budget crisis!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh the meta irony. I love it.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home